Friday 5 April 2013

Just Daydreaming

It is surprising how motivating it is after the previous weekends good solid efforts by everyone in getting two rooms decorated, it feels to me like a major step closer to completion. Now we have the wind in our sails we need to press on and get these two rooms finished, firstly the doors which have previously been chemically stripped and are ready for a fine sanding and then staining, all the doors will be fitted with new hinges, locks and probably crystal door handles, I`m not talking about "doing up" the old fixtures but sourcing new reproduction items. This is a good example of the sort of task that I particularly enjoy, mixing contemporary fixings with the beautifully crafted solid doors that have stood the test of time, it was always the plan for this refurbishment to keep as much as possible of the original and complement with modern materials which would not have been available way back in 1871. Hopefully during the next week we will have two doors completed and I will be able to share the photographs on this blog. 

When I find myself in this upbeat mood I occasionally allow myself to think of how the finished project will be, this week my thoughts turned to the "Big Boys Room or Gentleman's Room", I keep changing my mind of how this will be, for example is it Modern? Retro? Gentleman's club? My thoughts now are a classic cocktail bar look, with a white baby grand piano in the corner.
This one of my favourite classic pieces, Canon Suite by Pachelbel, have a listen to this and let me know what you think.      



1 comment:

  1. well; lovely as it is-perhaps not for everyone? so retro?? might be more in keeping with both young and old alike?

    ReplyDelete